I need large rugs all over my house so I am always looking for ways to find them on the cheap. If you live in Wichita your in luck because you can get Carpet tiles for cheap here. If you don’t check your local builders flooring warehouse. This 8 x 10 rug cost me a little over 100 and it is durable. I love the Ikea Stockholm rug and the price is good for that size of rug but I was worried about how dirty it gets. I had mostly seen it gross in the Ikea show room but I chalked it up to 100s of people trampling it daily. Then I saw this post. Nope. Then I considered Flor Carpet Tiles…to0 expensive. Then I went to Jabara’s Carpet Outlet when they were having a carpet tile sale at $1 per square foot, making the 2ft X 2ft tiles $2. (compared to the $18 a tile at Flor) They are normally $2.50-$4 a tile but still better price than Flor, but not as many options and sometimes no options. They had black and white so I bought them make a thick black and white striped rug. I then figured I could cut the tiles. It worked, and almost two years later…still in excellent condition.
- Has a rubber backing so no moving around…at all. I didn’t need a rug pad. Extra saved money….score.
- It is softer because it is carpet.
- It takes a lot to get dirty and easily vacuumable.
- When a tile gets dirty I simply pick it up, clean or scrub that tile, and put it back.
- The inexpensive price allowed me to buy a few extra for replacement. I haven’t done this yet in two years.
- If a tile is ruined I can switch out one that has sat underneath the bed…but in two years I haven’t had to do this.